CBD Drinks: Delicious Cannabidiol!
Welcome to the world of CBD Drinks! If you’re reading this, you may be living in a state where cannabis is totally legal, legal for medicinal purposes, or not legal at all at this time. Regardless of the access you have to cannabis and CBD, you can learn about CBD Drinks in this article. If you live in a state where CBD products are readily available to you because they are legal, or you have a medical card, you will have more options. But even if you are only able to get your hands on more widely available THC-free CBD oil, there are DIY CBD Drinks you can create on your own! Summer is approaching and that means patio and pool season with tasty cocktails. Consider an alternative to alcohol which leaves you dehydrated, sleepy, and with a hangover the next day. Consider cannabis cocktails!
CBD Drinks You Can Buy
If you are fortunate enough to live in a state where cannabis has been legalized, you are bound to find some great options for CBD Drinks you can buy. If you have your medical card in a state with medicinal cannabis, you will also have a variety of options available to you. So far on the market, there is already CBD infused water, energy drinks, beer, wine, lemonade, tonic, soda, coffee, and powdered beverages. As you can see, this is a growing trend with seemingly endless possibilities. Some of these CBD Drinks are available online and are legal. Others are only legal in certain countries, states, or are restricted to medical use for cannabis patients.
DIY CBD Drinks
If you live in a state where cannabis is legal or you have your medical card, you can buy CBD concentrates and make your own CBD Drinks. Even if you don’t live in a state where cannabis has been legalized, you can purchase pure CBD oil that contains no THC but provides similar benefits (just with no psychoactive component). You can use these concentrates, oils, and tinctures to make your very own CBD Drinks to enjoy, hot or cold. Here is an alternative to a fancy summer cocktail: a CBD-infused lemon-basil spritzer. You should determine your personal preferences for CBD dosing when making your own CBD Drinks, but here is a basic recipe for this refreshing cannabis elixir.
CBD-Infused Lemon-Basil Spritzer Recipe
- 7 Lemons
- 1 cup sweetener of choice (sugar, maple syrup, honey, stevia, etc.)
- 5 cups cold water
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Appropriate dose of CBD tincture per cocktail (likely 1-3 tsp for a total of 6 cocktails)
- Make a simple syrup with 1 cup water and the sweetener by heating over medium heat in a small pan. Stir sweetener until totally dissolved and liquid on the edges of the pan starts to simmer. Immediately remove from heat. You can do this ahead of time and chill it so it’s ready to go.
- Juice lemons and strain the seeds (also strain the pulp if you prefer).
- Combine the other 4 cups of water with the lemon juice, simple syrup, and CBD tincture.
- When you are ready to serve, muddle some basil leaves in the bottom of a glass and fill ¾ of the way full of the lemon mixture. Top it off with sparkling water.
- Add a garnish of choice! Perhaps a lemon wedge, basil leaf, or even raw cannabis flower if that’s available to you!
This recipe is easily customizable and can even be made with store bought lemonade. All you’d need to do is add the tincture and sparkling water! Get creative and enjoy your CBD Drinks!