So, you want to make CBD oil. Great! We’re going to start this guide with a disclaimer. We do not necessarily recommend doing this. The process is time consuming, somewhat complicated, and if you’re doing it at home, it may not be sanitary, or it may be done incorrectly. Not only that, but if you do this in a state in which marijuana has not been legalized, the one ingredient you need is illegal… so there’s that too. If you’re looking to make sure that you get high-quality and safe CBD oil, we recommend looking through our product reviews. That said, some people love to experiment, so as long as it’s legal and done in safe conditions, here’s our guide for How to Make CBD Oil. Let’s get started!
How to Make CBD Oil – Different Methods
We found three primary methods by which someone can make CBD oil. The first is CO2 extraction. This involves specialized equipment that puts the plant through high pressure at a very low temperature. It is the most common method used by CBD oil manufacturers because it is supposed to create the best possible product in the end. There is also a method that involves using alcohol to extract the oil. This was probably the least popular of the all the methods we found. It’s complicated and some people believe it can harm the CBD in the plants.
The method we’re going to focus on is extraction by way of oil. If done correctly, it maintains the CBD, and it’s probably the easiest method for those wondering How to Make CBD Oil at home. It can be done with things found around the house
How to Make CBD Oil at Home
- Grind the Plants – The more finely ground, the better. It’s all about surface area. The higher the surface area, the more efficiently the extraction will go.
- Heat the Plants – Do this at a temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit (or slightly less) for 1-2 hours.
- Mix Heated Plants with Oil – Using whatever container you wish, mix the ground and heated plants with the oil of your choice. Popular oils include olive oil or coconut oil. Choose the oil you want to use based on what ever you’d like to do with the CBD oil. Different oils will produce different tastes.
- Boil the Mixture – Add water and bring the mixture to a boil. DO NOT LET ALL THE WATER EVAPORATE. If it gets close, add more water.
- Boil For 2 and a Half Hours, The Let Sit For 3 – Allow the mixture to boil for two and half hours, then let it sit for three. Repeat this process three times and then let it sit overnight.
- Strain the Mixture – Strain out the mixture in the morning, and what’s left should be pure CBD oil.
How to Make CBD Oil | Final Thoughts
Like we said, it’s not quick. It’s not necessarily easy, and what you produce may not be of the highest quality. If you want to try it, go ahead! That’s how to make CBD oil, but if you’re looking for the best quality CBD products, check out our reviews and we’re sure you’ll find a product that meets your needs. Again, we have to say that if marijuana is not legal for recreational use in your state, we do not endorse attempting this.
Thanks for reading! Check out our other CBD guides while you’re here!