CBD Oil For Sleep: Does It Work?
CBD oil is the latest craze! People seem to be using it for everything. Aches and pains? CBD oil. Anxiety or depression? CBD oil. Acne? CBD oil. Trouble sleeping? CBD OIL! That’s right! People are using CBD oil to sleep! And it’s really no big surprise! After all, most adult Americans just aren’t getting enough sleep. In today’s fast-paced world, there are all kinds of things that keep us up at night. And not having enough sleep can really take a toll on the rest of your well-being!
People have been using marijuana to get to sleep more easily since marijuana hit the scene. But this hasn’t been an option for people looking to avoid getting high, or people who may be drug tested at their job or live in areas where marijuana is illegal! But CBD that doesn’t contain THC is legal in all 50 states and has NO psychoactive effects! And that means nearly anyone can use CBD oil to sleep!
Why People Are Using CBD Oil To Sleep
So how does CBD oil work to help YOU get your best night of sleep ever? Well, there’s a few ways it might help! For one, CBD could have the ability to reduce anxiety. And that means less anxious thoughts racing through your mind as you try to drift off for the night. Using CBD oil to sleep has also been shown to reduce insomnia in people suffering from chronic pain in some cases! And that makes sense! Less pain=better sleep. It really is a no-brainer.
And CBD isn’t only good for calming you down. In small doses, CBD oil can actually make you more alert and energetic during the day. And believe it or not, that can actually help you sleep at night by keeping a consistent sleep-wake schedule in the body! A few emerging studies have also pointed to the fact that using CBD oil to sleep could help improve REM sleep abnormalities in people with PTSD and Parkinson’s disease! We encourage you to do your own research on the benefits of CBD oil, as new research is coming out all the time and this field is still relatively new!
Tips For A Good Night Of ZZZs
Now that you know how YOU can use CBD oil to sleep, it’s time to see what else you can do to improve your sleep! Here are a few of our favorite tips:
- Turn Off Electronics| If you can, try to turn off your laptop and phone before you go to bed. At best, turn them off an hour or so before you want to sleep! The blue light from electronics can actually trick our body into thinking its still daytime and disrupt our sleep cycles!
- Keep Your Room Cool| We swear we saw research on this once, but we’ll leave it up to you to find it. We DO know that we PERSONALLY sleep better in a room that’s more on the cool side than the warm. Just make sure to have blankets on hand!
- Aromatherapy Is Your Friend| If you’re using CBD oil to sleep and you’re STILL having trouble, try diffusing a relaxing essential oil like lavender or chamomile into your bedroom! These calming scents can really help!
- Stick To A Schedule| Having a consistent time to go to bed and wake up can make things way easier on your body. That means it should be easier to fall asleep at night and easier to wake up in the morning.
- Make Your Bedroom An Oasis| It’s no wonder you’re having trouble sleeping if you’re bedroom is chaos! Do yourself a favor and make your bedroom into your own personal spa retreat. Pick bedding, décor, and storage that allows your space to be relaxing, unique to you, and a place to absolutely unwind!